Dumplings mise en bouche
Create the perfect starter that is sure to delight your dinner guests! Quick and easy, this light and fresh recipe requires minimal preparation, so you can serve without creating a fuss in the kitchen.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Mr Chen's Ginger Prawn Dumplings
- 250 mL light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 3 medium radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- Chives, finely sliced to garnish
- 20g fresh ginger, peeled and julienned to garnish
- Take 8 shot glasses OR 8 appetiser spoons wide enough to place one dumpling in each and set aside.
- Steam Mr Chen's Ginger Prawn Dumplings as per instructions on pack, set aside and keep warm
- Meanwhile, mix together soy, vinegar and sugar with a whisk in a small jug.
Place a teaspoon of diced cucumber in each glass, followed by one steamed dumplings. Top with radish that has been sliced into matchsticks.
Just before serving, pour a small amount of soy sauce as dressing in each glass and garnish with chopped chives and julienned ginger.